Join or Renew Your Membership
SASBA is committed to providing members with growth, confidence and connectedness, through netowrking, professional development and support.
We recognise the professional diversity of members and support all business and finance professionals across SA public schools at every stage of their school career. Our mission is to build community, professional networks, and workforce capacity and empower members to influce educational business outcomes.
The Association has two membership categories.
$110 per annum (incl. GST) – which will be granted to any person/s currently situated at a government school, including a person in a relief position, who holds the leadership position of Business Leader/Manager and/or Finance Manager/Officer.
$88 per annum (incl. GST) – which will be granted to any person/s currently situated at a government school who is aspiring to a school business and/or financial leadership role. NB: Associate membership will not be granted voting or office bearing rights.
Membership is due by the 28th February and payable until 31 March annually.
See (Rule 3.1. 1 - Membership - SASSAOA Constitution) for further information.
Why become a member?
SASBA membership provides many opportunities to learn, collaborate and implement change, including:
- Access to high quality relevant professional development
- Free Members' Day held in May each year; free to all members
- Heavily subsidised 2.5 day residential conference held in first week of the July school holidays (annually)
- Subsidised seminar days
- Networking/social event opportunities
- Members’ only emails
- Access to members’ only section of website with resources available for download
- Support and advocacy from SASBA
- Opportunities to consult / participate on working parties about system-wide improvements to practices, processes and systems
- Regular collaboration opportunities with other SSO’s leading and managing business operations
- Opportunity to attend interstate conferences (full members only)
- Tax deductible if member pays for the fee themselves
SASBA membership also provides opportunities to connect with other members in South Australia and similar organisations interstate, professional development scholarships and other growth avenues, including:
- Access to SASBA Network, a valuable chat-line for members to share information and seek support from fellow members. The membership side of our website, requires you to log in, and has more detailed information relevant to our work and environment, and uploads from professional development presentations. Our board represent our association at interstate conferences held by business manager peer groups. Reports from these can be found in our website Members Only area.
- Members can also attend interstate conferences. Each year we extend an invitation for members to apply to attend an interstate conference of their choice, subsidised by SASBA. These opportunities provide excellent professional development, strengthen our national ties and are great fun!
- Our board provides members with up-to-date information on new initiatives, policies and procedures by actively participating in Department for Education reference groups and working parties in areas that impact schools. We also meet once per term with the department’s executive group.
- These connections are important and are a means of giving relevant, valuable feedback and direction to the department. We are currently working closely with the EMS project team and are regularly consulted by department on issues affecting schools, particularly in relation to ancillary staffing, funding and changes to policies and procedures. We are reinstating our newsletter to all schools and this website features scrolling news and a link to our Facebook page.
Become a Member
Are you passionate about advocating change in South Australia’s public schools?
Join now and be connected with a community of like-minded individuals collaborating to share knowledge and facilitate growth and innovation in our schools.
You can now download the Member Jungle mobile app and stay up to date with what's going on in the club.
You can also receive notifications about important event reminders and when a website admin adds something new to the website.
STEP 1. Download the App
The first thing you need to do is download the mobile app onto your device. Select which device you have and click on the icon below and download the "Member Jungle" app.
STEP 2. Find SA School Business Association
Click on your new Member Jungle App icon and open the new app.
We recommend you allow notifications so you can receive important updates from the club
Now you need to search and add our club
Start typing "SA School Business Association" in the search bar, as pictured below.
SA School Business Association will appear in the list on the screen, click on the Sign In button, as pictured below.
STEP 3. Logging In
If you are a current member you can login using your membership login details.
For more information on features of the Member Jungle mobile app please click here.